Pre-rolls let you have a video play before the main video gets played. This can be a warning type page for 18+, or a brief commercial.
Each content item can have a pre-roll label. This allows you to use the flexible label system to label all the content you want to show up as a pre-roll of a particular video. If you have more than one content item linked up to the label, then the pre-roll content is randomly selected.
Creating a Pre-roll Video:
- Upload and encode your desired pre-roll video.
- Once the video is encoded, click on it to edit the video.
- Add a label to the video. Ex: pre-roll || see attached image: add_preroll_1.jpg
- Click "Update!" at the bottom of the page.
Adding the Pre-roll video to your other videos:
- Find the video for which you would like to add the pre-roll by navigating: Browse >> Content >> Video
- When you find the video, click on it. Now, click Edit Properties.
- Find the field titled: Pre-Roll Label. Add the same label which you gave to the pre-roll video. || see attached image: add_preroll_1.jpg
- Click "Update!" at the bottom.
You can do this in batch under the "bulk operations" on the browse content page.
- Browse >> Content >> Videos.
- Select multiple desired videos.
- Scroll back to the top of the page. In the BULK OPERATIONS drop-down, click SET PRE-ROLL LABEL.
- Type in the label of your pre-roll video, and click SET.