There can be 2 reasons that your video won't play on Iphone/Ipads.
1. Your videos aren't encoded into the Ipad/MP4 and Iphone/Ipad formats. Fixing this is easy.
- Find the video you wish to re-encode in the CMS. If they don't have an Mp4 and Ipad format, you'll want to re-encode them.
- Do not click "Edit Properties". Scroll down to the bottom of the page till you see the REPLACE section.
- In the Drop-down, choose "ENCODING (existing bitrate)" then click "REPLACE." || see attachment replacement-workflow1.png
- Choose the existing source bitrate and destination server. These should be identical to the current bitrate and servers. Press "Find". || see attachment replacement-workflow2.png
- Unclick every check box on the right side but the IPOD/IPHONE and IPAD/MP4 DOWNLOAD check boxes and click "REPLACE". This will begin to re-encode the archives to a mobile friendly format. If the MP4 and ipad formats aren't there, it will add them. None of the existing formats will be erased. || see attachment replacement-workflow3.png.
- You will be able to view the encoding progress by following this path in the navigation: Shortcuts >> Content >> Encoding Progress.
- Repeat this for every video.
2. You are embedded the videos using an <object> embed. You need to embed the videos using the <script> embed. This will be Method #1 when choosing the embed type. || see attachment embed-method.jpg
** This will only work if you have encoded the video into mp4 format ** What the <script> embed option does is to recognize which browser the viewer is using and deliver the appropriate file format. If the user is using a mobile device, the <script> embed will deliver an mp4.