Here are directions on how to re-encode a video, without the hassle of deleting your current files and uploading the video again.
- Find the video you wish to re-encode in the CMS by navigating: Browse >> Content >> Video.
- When you find the video, click on it.
- Do not click "Edit Properties". Scroll down to the bottom of the page till you see the REPLACE section.
- In the Drop-down, choose "ENCODING (existing bitrate)" then click "REPLACE." || see attachment replacement-workflow1.png
- Choose the existing source bitrate and destination server. These should be identical to the current bitrate and servers. Press "Find". || see attachment replacement-workflow2.png
- Make sure that all of your desired formats are selected, and click "REPLACE". This will begin to re-encode the video. You may choose to re-encode as many or as few of the format options as you'd like. Encoded formats can only be replaced or added to. None of the existing formats will be erased if you don't select to re-encode them. || see attachment replacement-workflow3.png.
- You may also add a watermark during this process before you click "Replace". You can do this by selecting a pre-existing watermark in the drop-down under the title WATERMARK -- POSITION | SCALE. This is where you choose the position of the watermark and the scale.
- You will be able to view the encoding progress by following this path in the navigation: Shortcuts >> Content >> Encoding Progress.
- Repeat this for every video.